Unity Tutorial 10

Screenshot of my game

Hey!


This week I continued with my tutorials I found on Youtube. I watched this tutorial on how to add interactables to my game. This feature wasn’t really part of my initial idea, but I'm glad that I implemented it into my game because I feel like it really made it more challenging. The player has to now reach a pressure pad to activate the moving platforms.


I also watched this tutorial on how to restore the player's health. Initially, I thought that this would also be a good feature to implement, but after experimenting with it, I came to the conclusion that it doesn’t fit my game as this feature is commonly used in simulation games (which my game is not).


In addition to the unity tutorials, I wanted to get as much of my game completed as possible therefore I worked on my game as well. I feel like I’ve watched enough tutorials and consumed enough information to just focus on my game at this point and try to get it done.


To conclude, this week's tutorials helped me develop my game even further. My initial plans for the game didn’t have an interactive pressure pad, but now that it does I feel like it changed the overall gameplay experience (in a good way!).


Overall, unity has been easy to use. There were a few technical difficulties throughout my experience with it, but I’ve really enjoyed the unity tutorials this semester. At the start of the semester, I was excited yet also overwhelmed with unity simply because I never used it before, but now that I have a good understanding of how unity operates I can now say with confidence that I’m ready for Multimedia Dev 2! (Can't wait to learn about 2D games next semester!)


Comments