Introduction to a Future Designer

Hey! My name is Khang Pham, I'm 19 years old. I was born and raised in Ireland, but my parents are from Vietnam. They immigrated over to Dublin, Ireland due to the impact of the Vietnam War. I love my life here in Ireland, however it's interesting to think what my life would've been like if I was born in Vietnam.

I currently study Creative Digital Media at TU Dublin - Blanchardstown Campus. This is now my second year in college. Last year was a challenging year but I managed to get through it. My first college year just so happened to be the same year as a pandemic...great (sarcastic) but thankfully this course is very flexible, therefore I was able to work remotely from home. My biggest accomplishment last semester was being able to get straight A’s (first time ever getting straight A's and yes, I know...very stereotypical lol haha) even though it was difficult working from home during a pandemic. I was shook, I really didn't expect the amazing results. Though, I think it was because I was stuck at home with nothing to do so I just focused on my college work...Plus my parents were home during quarantine so I basically had no choice. Lol 

My interests are art and music. I created this art piece during the summer. I used my iPad to draw a self portrait of myself and then used Adobe Illustrator to create the background. (I don't have blue eyes btw, I was just experimenting)

Original Art


This was another poster I made during the summer...don’t ask why I made it hahah I was bored as hell😂  (Lowkey could be a good movie though ngl hahah)


Rush Hour 4 Poster I made

I have many favourite genres of music such as Pop, R&B, Hip Hop and Rap. I started learning how to play instruments (piano, guitar, drums) at 11 years old. I was inspired by my dad to play as he also knew how to play instruments. 


I love to draw and play instruments. These two hobbies I had growing up really enhanced my creativity. These hobbies also allow me to get things off my chest when times are tough.


My favourite sports are football (soccer) and basketball. My favourite athletes are Lionel Messi and Stephen Curry. The reason is because these two play their games with creativity.


Stephen Curry on Lionel Messi - Twitter


My favourite movie(s) is anything Marvel. The reason why I love Marvel movies so much is because the stories are so well written and the CGI and visuals are so vivid and detailed. One of my favourite Marvel movies is “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”. The movie was animated to look like you were reading a comic book, I thought this concept was genius.


Into the Spider-Verse - Pinterest


My goal for this semester is to hence my creativity and learn new skills. I am very excited to learn how to use Unity for the first time. Unity is a software introduced this year, we will be using it to create our own individual game.

Unity Logo - Pinterest

Comments

  1. Hi, Khang
    First of all big well done on your amazing results from year 1 , your blog is amazing and you seem very Interesting individual.
    I am also looking forward to learning about Unity as well learning about the process of game development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khang~

    Totally agree with you about how flexible our course are. I remember how many due dates was change hahaah that was good tho. I also like the art piece you madeeee~ it looks really good and congrats for getting all A's (ehem jealous Asian here hahah just messing) but yeah, you totally belong to the "A-sian" group hahaha.

    Good luck for this semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Khang !!
    How are youu?
    OMG! Congrats for getting straight A’s last semester, that's amazing! ~applause
    You made such an amazing self portrait, actually, both art you made look spectacular!
    I also love Marvel movies. They are so very well written and the special effects are mind blowing! I haven't watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, although everyone I know that have watched the movei tell me it's very good.
    Byye, best of luck to yoou!!
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Khang, it’s an interesting blog post, I like your posters they look like they took you some time. You sound like a very creative person that likes to explore. Your hobbies sound cool and it gives a good break from College but allows you to continue being creative. It’s nice you didn’t waste time during the pandemic. Do you ever think of going back to Vietnam?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Khang! You are extremely talented and I love your artwork. I'm really excited for you for getting straight a's. I did really well as well and I would've never thought! In secondary school I did horribly but thankfully I'm doing a course that inspires me. I love the marvel movies as well they're addicting, I only got a disney plus account just so I could watch all the marvel movies in HD. - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Khang ,
    You are so talented at drawing , the poster you made was great and it looked so professional, I also really love the Marvel movies there so enjoyable to watch! Well done on getting straight A's last year you must of been delighted with yourself, I am jealous you must of put alot of work in to get them grades! Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Khang, your drawings are so good, I 'm still learning how to work illustrator. I agree last year was challenging you got all As congrats!, I was just happy with passing I didn't think I would. I say I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen a marvel movie I know doing a filming module and hasn't seen it, Over christmas I'm planning on watching them when not in work or doing college work- Best of luck with the semester. Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Khang! Really loved reading this blog post. It was really informative about you but was also funny. I'm about 6 months late but well done on getting straight A's. The portrait you made of yourself is so good and so is the rush hour one haha. I'm not mad into sport but definitely agree with the love of Marvel, I only rewatched Into the Spiderverse last week after it got added to Netflix and it was just as good as my first watch! Good luck with the other modules and hope you get all those A's again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment