Alpha

 

Screenshot of my game

Hey!


For this week I had to continue working on my game! We’re at the alpha stage this week and it’s crazy to think about because we’re only 3 weeks away from the final week!


This week I attempted to make the creatures spawn at different locations. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to function the way I wanted it to. I rewatched the tutorials from unity lessons 2, 3 and 4 many times but still couldn’t get it to work, therefore I just placed them at different locations manually.


Unfortunately, halfway through my progress my unity just crashed on me so I had to redo everything 🙃 it’s okay though because I remembered each step I took to get to where I was, so redoing everything was quick...ish.


Sadly, I haven’t made much progress this week due to some technical difficulties, but I promise I will be working hard on my game in the upcoming weeks to get my game finished before the final week!


P.s. Thanks Shaun for removing the blog post for next week’s project task. This gives me more time to work on my game!


Tip for my classmates: Always save a copy of your work!


For next week I plan to:

  • Add collectibles
  • Add more platforms
  • Maybe checkpoints
  • Add different levels

Comments

  1. Hey Khang! I think your game is looking really good so far. The combination of the player and the hearts representing the players lives make it look really professional. I also had trouble getting my Spawn Manager to work this week and after rewatching the Unity Tutorials also gave up so you aren't alone there! I don't know what your collectibles will be but on my last Unity blog post I included a tutorial that really helped me out, in it I was shown how to make gold coins and how the player can pick them up. Good luck with the rest of the game and I'm sure it will turn out great in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Khang your game looks great so far ! I wish mine looked this good . I also had trouble working on the scripts its difficult to try find out where you went wrong or and what isn't working. I like the environment of your game it looks great with all of the different stones on different heights and levels. are some of the levels going to fall while the player goes on them? That could be an idea that you could add .Good luck with the rest of your game I hope it works out for you -niamh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Khang,
    First off as you said to me before and not in as many word's don't be so hard on yourself you made great progress even if it was only a few steps forward it's still a step forward and not back and that's what's really important. I am having a lot of trouble with my scripts and game in general which you know and one thing I can say is that your game is looking pretty amazing right now if you ask me honestly. I think you made the right decision in deciding to leave it for another day sometimes all you need to do is take a break and work on it another time.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment