Unity Tutorial 04

Screenshot of Unity Lesson 2.4

Hey! It's reading week this week, therefore I haven’t posted as much on this blog lately. For Multimedia development 1 this week, we had to complete lesson 2 of the Unity tutorials and attempt challenge 2. 

I learned a lot of new functionalities, concepts and skills this week such as:

  • I learned how to spawn different animals at different times in various locations.
  • I applied some collider and trigger components to the objects, these components allow us to “feed” the animals. I also learned some new programming skills to make the animals disappear once they are fed.
  • I learned how to clean up my C script coding.
  • I learned how to trigger a “Game Over!” message whenever the animals leave the gameplay view.

For the Unity challenge this week, I thought it was quite difficult, but I was able to complete it just fine. It was tough to get my head wrapped around the coding, but I feel like I’m getting better at understanding the C script language. I had to fix many things for this challenge such as:

  • I had to make the balls spawn at the top of the screen.
  • I had to make the player spawn dogs.
  • I had to make the dog’s box collider smaller as it was too big at first.
  • I had to make the dogs and balls disappear once they leave the gameplay view.
  • I had to make different colour balls spawn randomly at different times and locations.
Screenshot of Unity Challenge 2

I couldn’t figure out the bonus tasks from the challenge, but the game is still functional therefore I was happy enough with the outcome. All in all, lesson 2 was a success! I am excited about what lesson 3 has to offer!

Comments