Planning

Hey!

This is my first blog of semester 2, year2! We are now back from a very long (deserved) break. This week in Multimedia Dev 2, we learned how to collect books or ebooks from the library’s website for our project. Lindsay Dowling (Librarian) came in today to teach us how to do it. The process was fairly easy. She showed us how to find specific books using keywords. 


Here are some of the keywords I brainstormed this week for my project:


My Brainstorm



Next week I plan to make a matrix spreadsheet. This will be used to document the books/resources I find and will help me mark off which ones are useful and which ones are not.


Lindsay also showed us how to use “Google Scholar”. She stated that we should try the library first before using Google Scholar as this site should only be used if you want to find something specific. She also showed us how to create a bibliography using “RefWorks”. I feel like this site is extremely useful for students who struggle with organizational skills. She also taught us about the importance of citations and referencing properly.


The overall session was very informative and there was a lot to take in, but thankfully Shaun and Lindsay agreed to record the lecture so I could just re-watch it if I get confused on anything.


These first few weeks have been manageable and easygoing. I understand that this is only the start of the semester, therefore I shouldn't get too comfortable, but I kind of like the slow-pacing workload as this will help me get back into the “college” mindset again after the long break.

Comments