Review Week Comments and Feedback

Feedback - Inc.

Hey!

First off I would like to thank everyone who left comments/feedback on my blog posts. I’ve read through all of them and I can say that they were very useful and helpful. The comments/feedback I received from my classmates really helped me realise that my game had room for improvement. I got to see different perspectives of my game. I’ve taken all of the suggestions I received into account and will definitely try to incorporate them into my game somehow.  


Let’s talk about giving feedback now. I felt like I left helpful feedback on my classmates’ blogs. I hope I helped people view their game in a different perspective with my suggestions and I also hope that they were able to learn new things and develop their games with the feedback I gave. The feedback I receive definitely reflects on the feedback I give. By reading the comments on my own blog, I was able to get a sense of what kind of feedback to give others (sort of like a domino effect).


From reading other people’s blog posts I can see that we have a creative class with different types of personalities. It was interesting to see what games people were making. I liked that the class picked from a wide range of gaming genres for example puzzles, FPS, endless runners, etc. It was also cool to see their process and development over the past couple of weeks.


I feel like I’ve gotten to know more people in my class by reading the introduction posts. I’ve gotten to know what people’s interests and what their skill sets are. I also got to see what areas people were struggling in, it’s okay though because that is the whole point of giving feedback. You get to learn from the feedback you receive. I feel like giving feedback each week is a great idea as we get to learn from each other and get to see how others feel/think about your game idea and vice versa.


Personally, I am happy with my introduction post and posts in general. I feel like I made my blog comfortable for my classmates to read as everything is written clearly and is easily understandable. However, I tend to write more than I need to, but for the most part, I’m pretty satisfied with my blog posts.


For the rest of the semester, I plan to work on my ability to receive and give feedback, not only for the module but for life in general. From the articles I read on the topic of feedback, I learned a lot of different feedback strategies. The method I used to use was the “sandwich” method (positive-negative-positive). However, from this blog post, I explained why it wasn’t as effective as I thought. The current strategy I'm using is WWW or TAG. I feel like this method is more effective and successful!


Once again, thanks for all of the feedback, they were very useful and they definitely helped me see what areas I could improve on!

Comments