Unity Tutorial 03

Screenshot of Unity tutorial

Hey! 

Lesson 1 was a success! Now it’s time to move on to Lesson 2. This week I’m learning how to make a new game! From watching the introduction video, I can already see that this lesson could potentially be useful for creating my own game idea.


This week I learned new functionalities, concepts and skills such as:

  • I learned how to create an invisible barrier I.e the player can’t leave the play area.
  • I learned how to rescale objects.
  • I learned how to make the player move left and right.
  • I learned about “if-Statements”.
  • I learned new operators such as Less than and Greater than symbols.
  • I learned how to create different prefabs.
  • I learned how to detect key presses.
  • I learned how to destroy game objects from the scene when they’re not needed anymore.
  • I learned how to spawn animals in different locations when I press the “S” key.
  • I learned how to use “Random” in the C# script to generate random values.
  • I learned the difference between a perspective view and an Isometric view.

All in all, I enjoyed the tutorials. The coding is more complicated this week, but I guess it’s expected to be. Again, Shaun stated that we’re not aiming to be game programmers, we’re aiming to be game designers so I guess I shouldn’t be worrying too much. I can’t wait for next week to finish off this lesson and move on to lesson 3!



Comments