Unity Tutorial 07

 

Screenshot of Unity Lesson 4

Hey!


For this week’s Unity tutorial we get to create an arcade-styled Sumo Battle game. From the introduction video, I can see that the game is simple yet still entertaining. The objective of the game is to knock enemies off a floating island. This lesson teaches you how to implement power-ups to a player. Although my own game doesn’t require any power-ups, I still think it would be cool to implement this feature as an experiment (just to see if it works out or not).


I learned a lot of new functionalities, concepts and skills this week such as:

  • I learned how to apply textures to the sphere (player)
  • I learned how to use an empty game object to control the movement of the main camera
  • I learned how to rotate the camera around the island (360 view)
  • I learned how to make the player move in the same direction the camera is facing.
  • I learned how to spawn enemies at different locations on the floating island
  • I learned how to make the enemies follow the player.
  • I learned how to make the balls bounce off each other.
  • I learned how to apply an indicator when the player picks up a power-up
  • I learned how to make the enemy move away from the player after they touch.
  • Overall, I learned a lot of new code and programming skills.

All in all, this lesson was a success! I took a sneak peek of what I have to do for the unity tasks next week and I found out that the challenge is a football/soccer (my favourite sport) game! I can’t wait to finish off lesson 4 next week and move onto the challenge!

Comments